SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – It could be another week before we learn who the San Francisco District Attorney is.
Right now interim district attorney Suzy Loftus maintains a slight lead over Chesa Boudin 51% to about 49%.
There are still about 70,000 ballots that have not been counted, including 57,000 mail-in ballots.
Both candidates have released statements saying they are optimistic about their chances.
Loftus says she’s glad her ranked choice voting lead has increased.
Boudin says he’s pleased the majority of San Franciscans so far have selected him as their first choice.
Latest News Headlines:
- Napa County establishes coronavirus task force to help enforce public health orders
- Officials encourage Bay Area residents to stay home ahead of 4th of July
- Fireworks cause of at least 1 fire as crews respond to multiple fires in Contra Costa County
- Trump announces creation of new park with statues of ‘greatest Americans to ever live’
- 8-year-old killed, 3 injured in shooting at Alabama mall