(CNN/KRON) — Smart TVs were a big hit on Black Friday and Cyber Monday but the FBI has a warning for those who bought one.
The FBI says the screens with advanced tech, like cameras and microphones, could be hacked by cyber criminals, who could potentially snoop or stalk consumers.
The FBI says there are steps you can take to protect yourself.
They recommend changing the default password and to update the software.
Consumers should also consider putting black tape over the camera or disabling the microphone.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Powerful storm to soak Bay Area this weekend
- Pleasanton police increasing patrols during holiday season to deter crimes
- Flooding concerns ahead of storm in areas burned during Sonoma County’s Kincade Fire
- Travel to the Sierra discouraged during weekend storm
- San Jose homeowner describes UPS drivers being robbed at gunpoint in her neighborhood