(CNN/KRON) — Smart TVs were a big hit on Black Friday and Cyber Monday but the FBI has a warning for those who bought one.
The FBI says the screens with advanced tech, like cameras and microphones, could be hacked by cyber criminals, who could potentially snoop or stalk consumers.
The FBI says there are steps you can take to protect yourself.
They recommend changing the default password and to update the software.
Consumers should also consider putting black tape over the camera or disabling the microphone.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- 65 drug arrests made in one week in San Francisco’s Tenderloin District
- Republican strategist Rick Wilson taking aim to save America from Trump
- Paradise residents still trying to recover from devastating Camp Fire
- Takeaways from the Democratic debate
- ‘He died a hero’: Friends remember the firefighters who rushed into the Porterville library fire