SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KRON) – The San Francisco 49ers defensive end Nick Bosa and DL Solomon Thomas will be out for the rest of the season after suffering a torn ACL, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
The insider confirms after MRI results, the 2019 Defensive Rookie of the Year injured his left knee causing him to be sidelined.
Bosa suffered the injury in the first quarter of the 49ers’, 31-13 win over the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium.
Shortly after the defensive end went down, medical staff carted Bosa off the field into the locker room.
Following Bosa’s injury update, ESPN’s Adam Schefter, confirms DL Solomon Thomas has suffered a torn ACL, ultimately ending his season as well.
49ers took to social media posting a picture of the pair commenting well wishes and to ‘bounce back even stronger.’
- At home with Beethoven’s Second Symphony virtual concert
- San Pablo man arrested, suspected of hitting firefighter with car
- Inside the Bullpen – Oct. 24
- Political analyst discusses lessons learned from 2016 election
- Suspect wounded in San Leandro officer-involved shooting