SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Jimmy Garoppolo and George Kittle are joining the list of 49ers who aren’t playing in this Sunday’s game against the New York Giants.
The team made the announcement Friday morning, saying Nick Mullens will start as quarterback in Garoppolo’s place.
On Monday, Head Coach Kyle Shanahan said Garoppolo still had a chance to play in this Sunday’s game, despite having suffered a high ankle sprain and sitting out the second half during their game against the Jets.
Shanahan also confirmed that Kittle will be out.
Nick Bosa and Solomon Thomas have already been placed on the Injured Reserve List, the team announced earlier this week. Both players tore their ACL. See the photos:
Runningback Tevin Coleman will likely be off the field for four weeks after a knee injury, Shanahan said Wednesday.
THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY.
- Police Chief: Los Angeles to hit grim crime milestone
- World Series: How to get your free taco after stolen base
- Red Flag Warning issued for parts of Bay Area
- OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma to plead to 3 criminal charges
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump campaigns in NC; Presidential Debate preparations