The Washington Redskins have reportedly claimed the former 49ers’ linebacker Reuben Foster, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Foster was dropped by the 49ers over the weekend after he was arrested in Tampa on domestic violence charges.
The NFL could still suspend Foster.
The woman told officers that during the altercation Saturday night, Foster slapped her phone out of her hand, pushed her in the chest area and slapped her with an open hand on the left side of her face.
Foster has been charged with one count of first-degree misdemeanor violence.
Foster was also accused of domestic violence in May in Santa Clara County but the charges were dropped after the woman recanted her story.
In court Sunday morning, authorities confirmed the victim from this incident is the same woman from the May incident.
The 49ers’ general manager and coach said the team had a zero-tolerance policy on the issue after that arrest.
- RAINY WEEK AHEAD FOR THE BAY AREA
- 1-YEAR-OLD DIES AFTER BEING STRUCK BY CAR IN RICHMOND
- LONGTIME SAN FRANCISCO RADIO HOST RAY TALIAFERRO MISSING
- MODESTO MAN BURYING PET IN BACKYARD FIND HUMAN REMAINS
- MAN JAILED AFTER RAPE OVERHEARD ON PLAYSTATION4