LAS VEGAS (KRON) — As of today, the Raiders are officially the “Las Vegas Raiders.”
The team made the announcement Wednesday afternoon at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas.
Nevada governor Steve Sisolak joined Raiders’ owner Mark Davis to make the announcement.
“I do hereby proclaim January 22, 2020, as the day to celebrate the renaming of the Las Vegas Raiders,” Gov. Sisolak said.
Also during the news conference, the Raiders announced that they were going to make a $500,000 donation to help feed at-risk school kids.
The team has also changed their social media accounts to the “Las Vegas Raiders.”
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Santa Clara County issuing citations to those not following stay-at-home orders
- Mass isolation and quarantine ordered for COVID-19 patients in Contra Costa County
- States lack key data on virus cases among medical workers
- Golden Gate Park launches virtual concert series to celebrate 150th birthday
- Bay Area business stays open to care for first responders’ dogs during crisis