LAS VEGAS (KRON) — As of today, the Raiders are officially the “Las Vegas Raiders.”
The team made the announcement Wednesday afternoon at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas.
Nevada governor Steve Sisolak joined Raiders’ owner Mark Davis to make the announcement.
“I do hereby proclaim January 22, 2020, as the day to celebrate the renaming of the Las Vegas Raiders,” Gov. Sisolak said.
Also during the news conference, the Raiders announced that they were going to make a $500,000 donation to help feed at-risk school kids.
The team has also changed their social media accounts to the “Las Vegas Raiders.”
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- VIDEO: Woman pulls gun on Black family during confrontation
- Coronavirus cases are rising in 40 of 50 US states
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: NBA prepares to restart season in Orlando
- NASCAR driver to debut ‘Trump 2020’ race car at Brickyard 400
- To stop parties, Airbnb won’t let some guests book homes