(KRON) – The New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown has been accused of rape and sexual assault in a lawsuit filed on Tuesday. The accuser Britney Taylor, is expected to meet with the NFL on Monday.
The league is looking to conduct the investigation rather quickly, to prevent Brown from missing games if accusations are found to be false.
Brown is accused of sexually assaulting Taylor on three separate occasions between June 2017 and May 2018.
According to ESPN, talks of a settlement between both parties have been in discussion for months, prior to the civil lawsuit being filed.
Despite the lawsuit, Brown will play today against the Miami Dolphins today.
- U.S. ‘wasted’ months before preparing for virus pandemic
- Santa Clara County issuing citations to those not following stay-at-home orders
- Mass isolation and quarantine ordered for COVID-19 patients in Contra Costa County
- States lack key data on virus cases among medical workers
- Golden Gate Park launches virtual concert series to celebrate 150th birthday