(KRON) – The New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown has been accused of rape and sexual assault in a lawsuit filed on Tuesday. The accuser Britney Taylor, is expected to meet with the NFL on Monday.
The league is looking to conduct the investigation rather quickly, to prevent Brown from missing games if accusations are found to be false.
Brown is accused of sexually assaulting Taylor on three separate occasions between June 2017 and May 2018.
According to ESPN, talks of a settlement between both parties have been in discussion for months, prior to the civil lawsuit being filed.
Despite the lawsuit, Brown will play today against the Miami Dolphins today.
- Census Bureau’s new ad campaign targets minorities
- USDA moving forward with new SNAP regulations
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election
- 12 possible coronavirus patients being treated at Bay Area hospitals
- San Francisco DA Chesa Boudin speaks on ICE arrests at Sonoma County courthouse