(KRON) – The New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown has been accused of rape and sexual assault in a lawsuit filed on Tuesday. The accuser Britney Taylor, is expected to meet with the NFL on Monday.
The league is looking to conduct the investigation rather quickly, to prevent Brown from missing games if accusations are found to be false.
Brown is accused of sexually assaulting Taylor on three separate occasions between June 2017 and May 2018.
According to ESPN, talks of a settlement between both parties have been in discussion for months, prior to the civil lawsuit being filed.
Despite the lawsuit, Brown will play today against the Miami Dolphins today.
- Police: 1 dead, another injured in early morning Oakland shooting
- UC system to require flu shots for ‘all members of the UC community’
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights and adding them to a “no fly” list for refusing to wear masks
- Simon Cowell injures back while testing electric bicycle
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo