CHARLOTTE, N.C. (KRON) – The Carolina Panthers have placed quarterback Cam Newton on injured reserve.
The Panthers released a statement on Tuesday saying although Newton had followed “rest and rehab” for his foot, he continues to experience pain.
“He saw two foot specialists last week who agreed that he should continue that path prescribed by the team’s medical staff, and that it likely will take significant time for the injury to fully heal,” the statement read.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Latest News Headlines:
- Napa County establishes coronavirus task force to help enforce public health orders
- Officials encourage Bay Area residents to stay home ahead of 4th of July
- Fireworks cause of at least 1 fire as crews respond to multiple fires in Contra Costa County
- Trump announces creation of new park with statues of ‘greatest Americans to ever live’
- 8-year-old killed, 3 injured in shooting at Alabama mall