SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – The former San Francisco Giants infielder is headed to Atlanta, according to MLB Insider Jon Heyman.
Heyman reports Sandoval signed a minor league deal with the Atlanta Braves organization on Monday.
Sandoval was released from the San Francisco Giants after being designated for assignment.
According to ESPN, Sandoval, 34, who was in his second stint with the Giants, is hitting .220 with one home run and six RBIs this season.
The two-time All-Star won three World Series titles with San Francisco and in 2012 was named World Series MVP.
- Firefighters use controlled burns on Palisades in Calistoga
- Fire crews prepare for wind event as Glass Fire continues to burn
- Governor Newsom vetoes California bill requiring ethnic studies
- Chrissy Teigen, John Legend announce death of newborn baby
- More businesses reopen as Contra Costa County moves into red tier