SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – The former San Francisco Giants infielder is headed to Atlanta, according to MLB Insider Jon Heyman.
Heyman reports Sandoval signed a minor league deal with the Atlanta Braves organization on Monday.
Sandoval was released from the San Francisco Giants after being designated for assignment.
According to ESPN, Sandoval, 34, who was in his second stint with the Giants, is hitting .220 with one home run and six RBIs this season.
The two-time All-Star won three World Series titles with San Francisco and in 2012 was named World Series MVP.
- Monkeypox likely spread by sex at 2 raves in Europe, expert says
- Top Southern Baptists stonewalled sex abuse victims, investigation finds
- Theories emerge on mysterious liver illnesses in kids
- Public camping about to become a felony in Tennessee
- Social media explodes after Wiggins’ dunk over Luka Doncic