OAKLAND (KRON) – After losing two professional teams, the City of Oakland is set to gain a new pro-team with an NFL legend helping to make it happen.
The Indoor Football League announced that they are bringing a team to the Oakland arena.
They are called the Oakland Panthers.
At a press conference on Tuesday, the team introduced Marshawn Lynch who hase been brought in as a partner.
Lynch, along with the league president, said they hope to fill the gap being left behind by the Raiders and Warriors.
Now, the next step for the Panthers is to build a team.
They will be holding five tryouts, including one in Oakland.
The season begins next spring probably in March.
There will be 14 games, seven home and seven away.
If the team does well, there’s also a postseason.
- Bay Area going on 30+ consecutive days of no rain
- WATCH: Mardi Gras 2020 Coverage on the Gulf Coast
- Bay Area native Sabrina Ionescu makes history just hours after speaking at Kobe Bryant memorial
- ‘Bachelor’ now casting seniors for new dating reality show
- How to get your free pancakes from IHOP on National Pancake Day today