SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - The Golden State Warriors will have a new, updated logo come next season.
The NBA has applied for European trademarks for four new logos.
Two logos feature what appears to be the Bay Bridge, while another features the familiar "W" we've seen in the past.
The Warriors released this information on the newly updated logos:
- The Golden State Warriors’ new ‘Primary Icon’ and ‘Global Logo’ depicts a more accurate portrayal of the Bay Bridge, adding in subtle details on the bridge span, and represents the Warriors’ standing as the Bay Area’s professional basketball team.
- The Warriors previous identity used Copperplate font, and the new ‘Global Logo’ will utilize a custom font. The new, custom font will also be featured in the team’s word mark.
- The Warriors primary blue has been refreshed and will now be a slightly darker shade in all of the logos and reflected in the team’s on-court jerseys and apparel.
- The new “W” secondary logo has been updated to match our new custom font and overall modernized aesthetic, and will be featured on the belt of the team’s uniform shorts.
- The Warriors will also have updated versions of ‘The Town’ and ‘The City’ logos.
The Warriors will soon move to San Francisco, with the final seat installed at Chase Center last week.
What do you think of the new logos?
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- KEVIN DURANT'S POST-GAME 5 MESSAGE AFTER INJURY
- DRUG LORD HIRED COPS TO SHOOT DAVID ORTIZ OVER ALLEGED AFFAIR
- US TOURIST DEATH COUNT AT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RESORTS RISES
- HIGH-SPEED CHASE ENDS IN MILLION-DOLLAR DRUG BUST
- FINAL SEAT INSTALLED AT CHASE CENTER IN SF