The Oakland Athletics manager Bob Melvin has been named the American League Manager of the Year by the Baseball Writers’ Association of America.
This is now the third time Melvin has won this award.
He was first named the American League Manager of the Year in 2012, and before that he was recognized in Arizona as the National League Manager of the Year in 2007.
Back in 1983 is when this award began and since then, only eight managers, including Melvin, have been honored with this award three or more times.
This year Melvin was also named Sporting News Manager of the Year.
- COMIC BOOK GENIUS STAN LEE DIES AT 95
- INTERACTIVE MAP: WHERE IS THE CAMP FIRE BURNING
- SMOKE FROM CAMP FIRE POURS INTO BAY AREA
- PG&E CRITICIZED OVER DEADLY CAMP FIRE
- RECALL: TWO PET FOOD MAKERS RECALL DRY DOG FOOD