OAKLAND (KRON) – The Oakland A’s are one step closer to getting the finances they need for a proposed ballpark at the Port of Oakland’s Howard Terminal.
The Port of Oakland is currently being looked at for the new home of the Athletics to replace RingCentral Coliseum.
The bill SB293 proposes a new ball park, affordable housing units, retail shops, offices, small business spaces and more.
On Tuesday, senators voted 32-2 to approve the bill for Governor Gavin Newsom’s consideration.
Senator Nancy Skinner tweeted with excitement.
The Oakland A’s president, Dave Kaval, understands the bill has a long way to go.
The possibility of a new privately financed waterfront ball park, would bring attraction to Oakland’s community.
- Majority of those arrested in Alameda County from out of region, sheriff says
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020
- Lawmakers divided on president’s comments on protesters
- Teen caught smuggling 7 kilos of cocaine at El Paso border crossing
- Republicans praise Trump for his promise to stop protests; Democrats at a loss for words