The Oakland Athletics season ended with a quick playoff run, but the Green and Gold front office is hauling in some offseason hardware.
Major League Baseball announced Monday that Billy Beane, Oakland’s executive vice president of baseball operations, is the league’s 2018 Executive of the Year.
Beane’s work was instrumental in helping the A’s reach 97 wins, 4th best in the majors, despite a low payroll and multiple injuries to the team’s pitching rotation.
Manager Bob Melvin is also being recognized for his work this season as he was named a finalist for American League Manager of the Year by the Baseball Writers’ Association of America.
- 49ERS CHEERLEADER WHO TOOK A KNEE DURING ANTHEM FROM ANTIOCH
- PRICE REDUCED FOR TINY HOME FOR SALE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- KIDNAPPED MAN LIKELY FED TO HOGS, COURT DOCS REVEAL
- CONSTRUCTION WORKERS FIND 1,000 HUMAN TEETH INSIDE WALL
- TEENS DISCOVER THEY’RE HAVING SEX WITH SAME TEACHER, TELL HIS WIFE