OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) – The Oakland Athletics have a lot to celebrate this season as the team clinched the American League West for the first time since 2013.
With the Houston Astros losing to the Seattle Mariners, the Athletics clinched the American League West.
Last year Oakland lost in a single-elimination wild card game, 5-1 to the Tampa Bay Rays.
This year instead of a single game elimination, the Athletics will play best-of-three in the wild card round at the Oakland Coliseum.
If the A’s win the series, they will then enter the American League playoff bubble.
The bubble will be hosted in either Los Angeles or San Diego in a best-of-five game series.
Followed by a best-of-seven League Championship series and then a best-of-seven World Series.
- At home with Beethoven’s Second Symphony virtual concert
- San Pablo man arrested, suspected of hitting firefighter with car
- Inside the Bullpen – Oct. 24
- Political analyst discusses lessons learned from 2016 election
- Suspect wounded in San Leandro officer-involved shooting