LAS VEGAS, Nev. (KRON) – The Raiders’ running back Josh Jacobs was the talk of social media Monday night as his cleats pay homage to both the city of Oakland and Las Vegas.
Jacobs showed off the remarkable work on Instagram on Monday before taking on the New Orleans Saints in the team’s home opener.
Most notable is the phrase, ‘Thank You, Oakland’ on the inside of his left cleat, with the Port of Oakland cranes behind it.
Former owner of the Raiders, Al Davis can be seen on the right shoe with the signature phrase, ‘Just Win, Baby,’ with the torch that sits inside Allegiant Stadium.
The torch a tribute to Davis’ legacy as the Raiders’ long-time owner, Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee, AFL Coach of the Year, AFL Commissioner, and the architect of the Raiders’ Commitment to Excellence.
The cleats were designed by artist Luke Dangler.
- At home with Beethoven’s Second Symphony virtual concert
- San Pablo man arrested, suspected of hitting firefighter with car
- Inside the Bullpen – Oct. 24
- Political analyst discusses lessons learned from 2016 election
- Suspect wounded in San Leandro officer-involved shooting