SANTA CLARA (KRON) – The San Francisco 49ers have gotten off to a perfect 6-0 start, but rumors swirl as the National Football League trade deadline approaches.
According to reports, the 49ers are pursing numerous options to trade for a wide receiver. Jason La Confora of CBS Sports explains the team is, ‘aggressively pursing,’ their search.
One receiver they’re looking into acquiring is Cincinnati Bengals, A.J. Green.
Green, 31, is generating interest from multiple teams, but it’s unclear if the Bengals are willing to trade for the receiver.
San Francisco is lacking an established receiver since multiple receivers have been injured. Including Deebo Samuel as he suffers from a groin injury while Trent Taylor and Jalen Hurd are both placed on IR.
Head coach Kyle Shanahan said on Monday following practice he still hopes the answer is in their building. “The guys we have I still think can continue to get better. We’re still holding out hopes to for Jalen and Trent Taylor. That they can heal up and return later this year.”
If injuries continue to be a factor for the 49ers, one more addition could help quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo in the pass game come the second half of the season.
San Francisco has to make a move soon with a quick Oct. 29 deadline nearing close.
- Republicans praise Trump for his promise to stop protests; Democrats at a loss for words
- #BlackoutTuesday flooding social media in response to racism, police brutality in America
- FAA says 3 believed to be aboard helicopter during fiery crash in Fairfield
- Lawmaker: Pandemic is impacting Americans’ state of mind
- San Francisco DA to prohibit officers with history of misconduct from being hired