SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – The NFL preseason has reportedly been canceled, according to the NFL Networks Tom Pelissero.
On Tuesday during a conference call, the NFL Players Association told players that there would no be any preseason games in 2020.
In addition to the canceled games, players were told the the union is ‘pushing for longer ramp-up period in camp,’ according to Pelissero.
The original plan was to have each team play two games down from their usual four, but players spoke out calling for the preseason to be canceled.
The 49ers were supposed to play the new Las Vegas Raiders next month.
Check back for more updates as this is developing.
- Granville County 6th-grade teacher charged with multiple child sex crimes thanks to cyber tip
- 100 arrested after night of looting in downtown Chicago; 13 police injured
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as a new week begins
- South San Francisco school district delays start of classes until August 17
- Scuffles erupt outside California church holding indoor service without masks, despite judge’s ban