SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – The NFL preseason has reportedly been canceled, according to the NFL Networks Tom Pelissero.
On Tuesday during a conference call, the NFL Players Association told players that there would no be any preseason games in 2020.
In addition to the canceled games, players were told the the union is ‘pushing for longer ramp-up period in camp,’ according to Pelissero.
The original plan was to have each team play two games down from their usual four, but players spoke out calling for the preseason to be canceled.
The 49ers were supposed to play the new Las Vegas Raiders next month.
Check back for more updates as this is developing.
- Santa Clara County approves $350M to build more affordable housing
- FBI San Francisco announces new strategies to combat hate crimes
- These are the counties that had the highest support for Newsom’s recall: final state numbers show
- Fresh pizza vending machine prompts curiosity and horror in Rome
- Suspect arrested for string of violent crimes in San Francisco