SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The Golden State Warriors have been facing injuries this entire season so far, but as one becomes sidelined another will take the court.
Golden State announced on Tuesday center Kevon Looney will spend part of his rehabilitation with the Santa Cruz Warriors.
Looney, 23, has missed the last 13 games due to Neuropathy.
The center will begin practice sessions with the G league and will re-join Golden State over the weekend.
Players in the past have practiced with the Santa Cruz team while rehabbing an injury.
As Looney becomes sidelined, Smailagic comes off the injured list.
Warriors’ forward Alen Smailagic, 19, suffered a sprained right ankle during training camp, which sidelined him for the entire season thus far.
Smailagic will also practice with Santa Cruz this week and will re-join Golden State over the weekend.
Looney and Smailagic is expected to be re-evaluated at the end of the week.
Latest Spots Headlines:
- ‘Introduction to Kansas City’: San Francisco columnist kicks off Super Bowl trash talk
- Buffalo Wild Wings to give away free food if Super Bowl goes into OT
- Richard Sherman’s journey from released by Seahawks to Super Bowl-bound with 49ers
- 49ers super fan attends every home game, travels to away games
- Garoppolo gets 49ers to Super Bowl with handoffs not throws