VACAVILLE, Calif. (KRON) — Inmates at Solano State Prison in Vacaville will not be evacuated, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
Instead, both staff and inmates have been given N95 masks to protect against poor air quality.
Officials are actively monitoring the Lightning Fire Complex Fire and believe the institution is not under any immediate danger.
Bay Area fires: Complete list of evacuation orders, road closures, and more
- Over 120 Pajaro pets reunited with owners after flooding evacuations
- MLB, police investigating after Angels player tries to hit A’s fan in viral video
- How does the Sam’s Club auto program work?
- The MLB stadium so historic, it’s part of a National Park Service program
- Preliminary magnitude 3.2 earthquakes hit San Leandro