VACAVILLE, Calif. (KRON) — Inmates at Solano State Prison in Vacaville will not be evacuated, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
Instead, both staff and inmates have been given N95 masks to protect against poor air quality.
Officials are actively monitoring the Lightning Fire Complex Fire and believe the institution is not under any immediate danger.
- An Oreo-Ritz combo: Genius or crime against nature?
- PHOTOS: Carnival Cruise ship catches fire while docked in Turks and Caicos
- The unwanted guest at your Memorial Day BBQ
- Family of VTA shooting victim files lawsuit claiming authorities failed to protect workers
- CDC: Nine monkeypox cases confirmed across seven states