VACAVILLE, Calif. (KRON) — Inmates at Solano State Prison in Vacaville will not be evacuated, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
Instead, both staff and inmates have been given N95 masks to protect against poor air quality.
Officials are actively monitoring the Lightning Fire Complex Fire and believe the institution is not under any immediate danger.
- Investigation continues for Highway 1 crash
- Police search for suspect who shot 2 people at Mountain View park
- Big Game Bound week 2: Edgerrin James discusses Hall of Fame journey
- Newsfeed Now: Authorities continue to search for Gabby Petito; Fire department gives wife visiting husband battling COVID a lift
- Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine’s effectiveness wanes over time, company says