TOKYO (KRON) — Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea has announced that it will be closing temporarily amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Officials say there has been a large request to cancel, postpone or reduce the size of the facility for the next two weeks.
The theme parks will be closed from Saturday, Feb. 26 through Sunday, March 15.
They are set to reopen on March 16, but officials say they will provide another update at a later date.
No additional details are available at this time.
Latest Coronavirus Stories:
- CDC retracts guidance on virus spread causing more confusion
- 13-year-old creates handheld safety shield with 3D printer to keep others safe during pandemic
- Some Bay Area elementary schools preparing to reopen
- 2020 may be most consequential year to get flu shot amid pandemic, doctors say
- Updated guidance on COVID-19 spread was posted in ‘error’: CDC