PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Two earthquakes hit within 45 minutes of each other just off the coast of the Oregon-California border on Monday morning.
The first of the 2 earthquakes hit west of Brookings, Oregon around 4 a.m. It was first reported to have a magnitude of 4.9 but was the number was later confirmed to be 5.3. It was about 6 miles deep.
The second occurred about 45 minutes later, west of Gold Beach, Oregon. It had a magnitude of 3.6 and was just 1.5 kilometers deep.
Both earthquakes were roughly 75 miles west of the coast.
Get the latest information with KRON4’s Interactive Earthquake Map.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- CBP officer quits after admitting to choking motorist at California port of entry
- Trump tries new approach for $1 trillion infrastructure plan
- Source: Lakers waive DeMarcus Cousins
- Dr. Phil gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Flying Tails: Abused Kuwait cats rescued, brought to Bay Area