BANGKOK (AP) – A strong earthquake has shaken a border area between northern Thailand and Laos.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the 6.1 magnitude quake Thursday morning was about 10 kilometers (6 miles) below the surface.
Residents of the northern Thai cities of Chaing Mai and Chiang Rai felt a long period of shaking but saw no major damage.
Residents in Bangkok felt some slight shaking.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- California urged to move inmates to front of vaccine line
- Lawmakers seek to award officer Eugene Goodman with Congressional Gold Medal for Capitol riots heroism
- San Jose police search for ‘armed and dangerous’ suspect who shot at them
- Biden picks UCSF professor David Kessler as chief science officer
- Capitol rioter aimed ‘to take hostages,’ prosecutor says