SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – The Bay Area Air Quality Management District has issued a Spare the Air Alert for Tuesday, Sep. 1st through Thursday, Sep. 3rd due to wildfire smoke.
Spare the Air Alerts are issued when air quality is unhealthy. It is highly encouraged that Bay Area residents avoid going outside to protect their health.
It’s also illegal for Bay Area residents and businesses to use their fireplaces, wood stoves, pellet stoves, outdoor fire pits or any other wood-burning devices during the alert.
To find out you current air quality conditions, click here.
- Dash cam captures smash and grab near SF’s Lombard Street
- Dangerous winds threaten outages for nearly 90,000 Bay Area customers
- East Bay agencies urge precautionary evacuations ahead of wind event
- Black woman shot by officer seeks justice from hospital bed
- Trump supporters, counter-protesters clash in Times Square