SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The CZU Lightning Complex fires went through the oldest state park in California.
Pictures show what the Big Basin Redwoods State Park looks like now.
There are redwood trees close to 2,000 years-old in the park.
But good news – many of those trees survived.
When forest fires, windstorms, and lightning hit redwood trees, those that don’t topple over can resprout.
Park officials will be inspecting the trees in the coming days.
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Infant allegedly thrown to her death by father identified
- Barrett confirmation would tilt court conservative for generations
- Stocks have their worst day in a month as virus cases surge