ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (BCN) – A quick response by firefighters knocked down a fire Sunday
afternoon that started in a recreational vehicle and spread to vegetation in the unincorporated community of Sunol near Niles Canyon.
Cal Fire, and the Fremont and Alameda County fire departments responded around 3:45 p.m. to the fire, about a mile west of the tiny community of Brightside and the Niles Canyon Railway shops, spreading from the burning vehicles to adjacent vegetation.
The fire was controlled about 10 minutes later.
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
- 33 missing children, some who were sexually exploited, found in CA operation: FBI
- They’re ‘noncitizens’ not ‘aliens,’ Biden administration says
- Bus heading to Grand Canyon rolls over; 1 dead, 2 critical
- Hazmat team responds to ammonia spill in San Jose
- Here’s when a possible atmospheric river is forecast for the Bay Area