SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Nearly 14,000 firefighters continue to battle 25 major wildfires across California.
While firefighters are gaining ground on many of the lightning complex fires in Northern California, including the three in the Bay Area, firefighters statewide remain on the lines.
This year, wildfires have now burned over 2.2 million acres across all fire jurisdictions. This is a record for the number of acres burned in California, and this year’s fire season has another four months to go.
There have been 8 fatalities and more than 3,300 structures destroyed, according to Cal Fire.
You can check out an interactive map of the current California wildfires below:
- Demonstration shuts down all lanes on Bay Bridge, CHP says
- What both sides are saying about a peaceful transition of power
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans
- Unrest continues for the second night following Breonna Taylor announcement
- Palantir’s move to Denver met with Bay Area activists, protest contracts with ICE